Film negative showing a group walking through a large courtyard in Harrisburg. Two women wearing hats decorated with flowers and feathers walk on the left and two boys wearing coats and caps walk on the right. A four-story building with pillars and a railing along the roof stands behind them.; Title supplied by cataloger.; Forms part of Marriott C. Morris Collection.
Photograph showing Marriott C. Morris' parents Elliston Perot Morris and Martha Canby Morris, son Elliston Perot Morris Jr., and wife Jane Rhoads Morris and sitting in a rowboat on the beach. The women wear black jackets and decorated hats. Elliston Morris Sr. wears a long jacket and hat. Elliston Morris Jr. wears a light jacket and wide-brimmed hat. A covered boardwalk stands in the sand behind the group.; Forms part of Marriott C. Morris Collection.
1880-1900, 1880-1890, 1890-1900, and Late 19th century, 1850-1900
This is one of three cards in the collection for this business. The caption reads "Mr & Mme Baby a Venise." The collection includes other cards featuring the "Mr & Mme Baby" characters. See bmcad010205002 (Grand Maison de Blanc, Brussels) and bmcad010504001 (Lefebure-Hoornaert's pharmacy). Card with illustration of Mr & Mme Baby purchasing some flowers.
Film negative showing six children standing together on a garden path at the Deshler-Morris House at 5442 Germantown Avenue. The two boys in front stand with their backs to the camera and wear sailor suits. The girl in the center wears a large hat and smiles at the camera. David Deshler built the original four-room summer cottage on this Germantown lot in 1752, adding the three-story front addition in 1772. The house was sold to Col. Isaac Franks in 1792 after Deshler’s death. President George Washington rented the home for the duration of the yellow fever epidemic of 1793 and the summer of 1794. Elliston and John Perot purchased the house in 1804, selling it to Elliston’s son-in-law Samuel B. Morris after his death in 1834. The house stayed in the possession of the Morris family for over a century, when Elliston P. Morris donated the house to the National Parks Service in 1948. The name was officially changed to the Germantown White House in 2009.; Title supplied by cataloger.; Manuscript note on original envelope: Wood, Canby, Morris kids after parade, also older folks 5442 G'tn Ave (house not shown).; Forms part of Marriott C. Morris Collection.
Block numbered in three places: 6274.; Image of two girls in an interior setting. One girl is holding an object intently, and appears to be in some distress, and the other girl appears to be trying to reassure her. Present in the room is a portrait on the wall, a dresser with a mirror, an ottoman, and a chair. ; Illustration appears in The tattler (Philadelphia, between 1864 and 1893?), p. 195. This title was listed in American Sunday-School Union catalogues from 1864 to at least 1893. Caption of illustration -- "'There, now, see what you have done! You have spoilt it!' exclaimed Patty."; Signed in reverse: Avery SC.; “Wells 42 Ann St. NY” -- back of block. Darius Wells is listed at this address (as a dealer in woodtype) in New York city directories from 1841 to 1844.; Back of block partially obscured by pasted-down paper.
Glass negative showing a group of children posed for a portrait. Three children sit on a bench in the center while the rest of the group gathers around them. Trees and a chimney are visible behind the group.; Forms part of Marriott C. Morris Collection.