Three Degree Road (currently Babcock Boulevard) in Town of McCandless, Allegheny County, PA looking northeast. Photo shows a rural dirt road with a three story house, a barn and outbuildings. A horse drawn wagon is seen on the road. Photo shows station 376 looking towards station 381. House is located on current Babcock Boulevard opposite Emery Drive and is still standing.
Andrew Watenpool chicken coop and shed stood in path of new Brandt School Road and were moved during the 1930 improvement. The farm was located at the intersection of Brandt School and Pine Creek roads in Franklin Township (now Franklin Park Borough), Allegheny County, PA
Three Degree Road (currently Babcock Boulevard) in Town of McCandless, Allegheny County, PA. Photo shows a rural dirt road bending to the left. A house can be seen in the distance on the left. Photo shows station 388 looking towards station 390.
View of Highland Road in Town of McCandless, Allegheny County, PA. In view is a house on the left and a school on the right. Several signs can also be seen. One says 15 MPH SCHOOL ZONE. Another warns DANGER MEN WORKING while a small one advertises Breezewood. Also in view is an automobile driving by the school.
Perry McCurdy's home next to the McCurdy garage on Allegheny Avenue. The child in the photo is believed to be Stella Mae Issacs. The McCurdy family were longtime Oakmont residents. James Oliver McCurdy and Mary Mateer McCurdy owned and operated a general store at the corner of Delaware Avenue and Fifth Street at 500 Delaware Avenue. Their son, John McCurdy, married Eleanor McCurdy and they owned McCurdy Mercury on Allegheny Avenue near Edgewater Steel until Mercury downsized and cut out all the small dealerships. Diane McCurdy Nicholls, daughter of John and Eleanor, was born and raised in Oakmont at 421 Fifth Street. Originally from the collection and reproduced courtesy of Diane McCurdy Nicholls.