A man sits in the corner having fun wearing a lady’s hat while he plays the mandolin. Beside him in a white wicker rocking chair, a young girl with a dark scarf around the collar of her white blouse holds a guitar. She has her long hair pulled back in a braid. The lady in the dark rocking chair is listening to the man with the mandolin. Her hair is pulled back in a bun, and her skirt is long and dark. 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 in. black and white photograph.
Italian-American extended family picnic at North Park, Allegheny County Park, Allegheny County, PA. The family lived in Pittsburgh and would often travel to North Park for picnics. Photo shows Marie Ali, Rose (Ali) Heckel, Skip Black, and Domenica (Cicero) Marguglio at a picnic table in front of a large tree. the women are all wearing print dresses.
Looking northward on Perry Highway in 1919 Pine Township, Allegheny County, PA. Joseph Brooker Property on both sides of road with Saint Alphonsus Church steeple visible on left. Current intersection of Church Road with Route 910.
Three Degree Road (currently Babcock Boulevard) in Town of McCandless, Allegheny County, PA looking northeast. Photo shows a rural dirt road with a three story house, a barn and outbuildings. A horse drawn wagon is seen on the road. Photo shows station 376 looking towards station 381. House is located on current Babcock Boulevard opposite Emery Drive and is still standing.
Andrew Watenpool chicken coop and shed stood in path of new Brandt School Road and were moved during the 1930 improvement. The farm was located at the intersection of Brandt School and Pine Creek roads in Franklin Township (now Franklin Park Borough), Allegheny County, PA
Three Degree Road (currently Babcock Boulevard) in Town of McCandless, Allegheny County, PA. Photo shows a rural dirt road bending to the left. A house can be seen in the distance on the left. Photo shows station 388 looking towards station 390.
View of Highland Road in Town of McCandless, Allegheny County, PA. In view is a house on the left and a school on the right. Several signs can also be seen. One says 15 MPH SCHOOL ZONE. Another warns DANGER MEN WORKING while a small one advertises Breezewood. Also in view is an automobile driving by the school.
Perry McCurdy's home next to the McCurdy garage on Allegheny Avenue. The child in the photo is believed to be Stella Mae Issacs. The McCurdy family were longtime Oakmont residents. James Oliver McCurdy and Mary Mateer McCurdy owned and operated a general store at the corner of Delaware Avenue and Fifth Street at 500 Delaware Avenue. Their son, John McCurdy, married Eleanor McCurdy and they owned McCurdy Mercury on Allegheny Avenue near Edgewater Steel until Mercury downsized and cut out all the small dealerships. Diane McCurdy Nicholls, daughter of John and Eleanor, was born and raised in Oakmont at 421 Fifth Street. Originally from the collection and reproduced courtesy of Diane McCurdy Nicholls.