Caption on the back of the photograph reads, “Finish floor in Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation’s seamless mill. Cut off machines to right. Hydraulic tester in foreground. Threading units south of the tester.” The southwestern view of the Finishing Mill at Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation’s Seamless Tube Mill No. 2. In 1926 the first of three seamless tube mills were built at the Aliquippa Works. The Seamless Tube Department consisted of a steel conditioning area, a 30-inch round mill, two tube mills (one of which is pictured here), and facilities for finishing and shipping tubes and for producing couplings. The No. 2 Seamless Mill produced tubes that were 22 to 44 feet in length and 2 3/8-inch to 6-inch in outside diameter. The Seamless Tube Department was shutdown in April 1982.